- 1 Personal Information
- 2 Interests
- 3 Committees and honours
- 4 Publications list
- 5 CV and Bibliography
- 6 Education and Appointment history
- Name: Emilia R. Solano (Emilia Rodríguez-Solano Ribeiro)
- Institute: Laboratorio Nacional de Fusion
- Address: Av. Complutense 40, E-28040 Madrid, España
- Email: emilia.solano at ciemat.es
- Phone: +34 91 346 6153
- web page: http://www-fusion.ciemat.es/ESolano.html
- ResearcherID: Emilia R. Solano A-1212-2009
- google scholar profile: Emilia R. Solano
- ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-4815-3407
- Member of
Interested in Women in Plasma Physics
Theory and Applied Theory in Plasma Physics
- Equilibrium in tokamaks: the Grad-Shafranov equation
- Critical equilibria in tokamaks and confinement regimes 2004 Plasma Phys. Control. Fusion 46 L7
- Neoclassical theory in stellarators and tokamaks
- Magnetic phase transitions in plasmas, Emilia R. Solano & R. D. Hazeltine, Nucl. Fusion 52 114017 (October 2012). See also EPS 2012 Oral and Magnetic Phase Transitions & Confinement Regimes, invited talk to European Fusion Theory Conference, Oxfod, 2013.
JET experimental studies
L-H transition experimental studies in JET: M
Scientific Coordination of analysis task T17-08: L-H transition physics
- E. R. Solano et al, Poster L-H transition and M-mode studies in JET-ILW APS 2017, 59th Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Plasma Physics, October 23-27, 2017 , Milwaukee, WI, USA
Found n=0, m=1 up-down magnetic oscillations to appear at the L to H transitions in JET. The magnetic oscillations is only present after the transition. It is also detected by pedestal diagnostics.
- E. R. Solano,Axisymmetric oscillations at L-H transitions in JET: M-mode, Nuclear Fusion, 57, 022021 (2017) Open Access version here. Presented at various conferences:
- E. R. Solano, L-H transition and pedestal MHD at JET: M-mode, HFO, ELMs H mode Workshop 2015
- N. Vianello et al., M-mode & HFO in JET 42nd EPS Conference on Plasma Physics (2015), P2.133
- E. R. Solano et al, See "Identification of M-mode: an axi-symmetric magnetic oscillation and ELM-less medium confinement regime near the L-H transition at JET", Poster P4.111 at 40th EPS conference on Plasma Physics, Espoo, Finland, 2013.
Characterising W radiation in JET-ILW plasmas Studied radiation from W ablated into L-mode plasmas.
Found that W propagates into the plasma along a plume. In the core sawteeth dominates W redistribution.There is some evidence that W radiates considerably below 1 keV
Effect of fuelling location on pedestal and ELMs in JET
Found that, with W divertor, fuelling location can affect pedestal Te. Also showing effect of W on pedestal. This is the first experiment that showed that when the outer strike is in the divertor corner (near the pump) the plasma has good confinement, while strike in tile 5 correlates with poor confinement.
Paper P1.006 and Poster of 41st EPS Conference on Plasma Physics, 23 - 27 June 2014]
Study of high temperature pedestals
Specific experiments were made at JET to study high temperature pedestals, in the range Te_ped ~2.5-5 keV. The idea was to see if the ELMs are qualitatively different when resistivity and collisionality are low. The surprising result of the experiment was a new insight on pedestal stability: with low gas fuelling and low recycling conditions (required to achieve high temperature pedestals) an Outer Mode often appears, delaying ELMs. The outer mode had been assumed to be an ideal kink, unstable in the steep gradient region of the pedestal, which would eventually grow into an ELM. We have now found that the outer mode is a fairly stable current ribbon, lasting as much as 1.5 s, located at the top of the pedestal. There are tantalising similarities with the EHO observed in DIII-D. This could provide a new route to ELM-free operation.
- Observation of Confined Current Structures in JET High Temperature Pedestals and Transient ELM Suppressio, 2010 Proc. 23rd Int. Conf. on Fusion Energy (Daejeon, Korea, 2010) (Vienna: IAEA) paper EXS/P3.05
- Observation of confined current ribbon in JET plasmas,E.R. Solano et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 185003 (2010)
- Summary of the Workshop on Electric Fields, Turbulence and Self-organization in Magnetized Plasmas (EFTSOMP) 2009: 6–7 July 2009, Sofia, Bulgaria S. Zoletnik et al 2010 Nucl. Fusion 50 047001
- High Temperature Pedestals in JET and confined current filaments E.R. Solano et al EPS 2010 Oral paper Talk
Study of ELMs (Edge Localised Modes)
Study of transport barrier formation and L to H transition
- E. R. Solano, L-H transition and pedestal MHD at JET: M-mode, HFO, ELMs H mode Workshop 2015
- N. Vianello et al.,M-mode & HFO in JET 42nd EPS Conference on Plasma Physics (2015), P2.133
- E. R. Solano et al, See "Identification of M-mode: an axi-symmetric magnetic oscillation and ELM-less medium confinement regime near the L-H transition at JET". 40th EPS conference on Plasma Physics, Espoo, Finland, 2013, Poster P4.111 at
- E. R. Solano 2007 Sherwood Theory Conference, Plasma evolution towards transport barrier formation poster
- TEXT Upgrade: calculations for design of diverted plasma and corresponding divertor coils, mostly based on filament models of the plasma:
- electromagnetic forces and insulation requirements on coils in steady operation and during disruptions,
- power supply requirements for plasma position control,
- effect of iron transformer on plasma stability Plasma Position Stability Studies for TEXT-Upgrade, By E.R. Solano and G. H. Neilson, FRCR # 339, July 1989
- adapted EFIT code to be used in tokamaks with non-satured iron core.
- USTX: the University Spherical Tokamak Experiment design proposal: all of the above, now with predictive EFIT,
- additional shape control requirements due to effect of transformer currents on inboard plasma gap.
- stability analysis with DCON
- design of field null for efficient startup
Committees and honours
- Member of Science Subcommittee of the Consultative Committee for Fusion Energy (FEAC), advisory committee to the DoE in the USA, co-author of report “A Restructured Fusion Energy Sciences Program”, 1995-96 and “Alternative Concepts, A Report to the Fusion Energy Sciences Advisory Committee”, DOE/ER-0690, 1996.
- Member of the Spanish Physics Royal Society since 2004
- Honorary Fellow of the Institute of Physics, 2006-08.
- Chaired the Magnetic Confinement group of the EPS Programme Committee for the 31st EPS Conference on Plasma Physics.
- Member of Editorial Board of Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion, 2005-2008
- Elected member of the Board of the Plasma Physics Division of the European Physical Society, 2012-
First author publications (recent)
- Magnetic Phase Transitions in plasmas and transport barriers, Emilia R. Solano & R. D. Hazeltine, Nucl. Fusion 52 114017 (October 2012) PDF
- Observation of Confined Current Structures in JET High Temperature Pedestals and Transient ELM Suppression, E.R. Solano et al., 2010 Proc. 23rd Int. Conf. on Fusion Energy (Daejeon, Korea, 2010) (Vienna: IAEA) paper EXS/P3.05.
- Observation of confined current ribbon in JET plasmas,E.R. Solano et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 185003 (2010)
- High Temperature Pedestals in JET and confined current filaments, E. R. Solano et al., E.R. Solano et al EPS 2010 Oral
- ELMs and strike point movements, Emilia R. Solano et al 2008 Nucl. Fusion 48 065005
- Criticality of the Grad–Shafranov equation: transport barriers and fragile equilibria by Emilia R Solano 2004 Plasma Phys. Control. Fusion 46 L7
Named author in JET publications (recent)
- "L-H power threshold studies in JET with Be/W and C Wall”, CF Maggi, E. Delabie, T.M. Biewer, ..., E. R. Solano, ... Nucl. Fusion 54 023007 (2014)
- "Determination of plasma stability using Resonant Field Amplification in JET", MP Gryaznevich, YQ Liu, TC Hender, DF Howell, M Beurskens, IT Chapman, CD ...E. R. Solano, ... Nuclear Fusion 52 (8), 083018 (2012)
- "Analyses of substantially different plasma current densities and safety factors reconstructed from magnetic diagnostics data", F.S. Zaitsev, D.P. Kostomarov, E.P. Suchkov, V.V. Drozdov, E.R. Solano, A. Murari, S. Matejcik, N.C. Hawkes and JET-EFDA Contributors, Nucl. Fusion 51 103044 (2011)
- H-mode pedestal scaling in DIII-D, ASDEX Upgrade, and JET M.N.A. Beurskens et al. Phys. Plasmas 18, 056120 (2011)
- Summary of the Workshop on Electric Fields, Turbulence and Self-organization in Magnetized Plasmas (EFTSOMP) 2009: 6–7 July 2009, Sofia, Bulgaria S. Zoletnik et al Nucl. Fusion 50 047001 (2010)
- Pedestal width and ELM size identity studies in JET and DIII-D; implications for ITER, M N A Beurskens et al. Plasma Phys. Control. Fusion 51 124051 (2009)
- Pedestal and ELM response to impurity seeding in JET advanced scenario plasmas, M.N.A. Beurskens et al. Nucl. Fusion 48 095004 (2008)
- Overview of JET results J. Paméla , Emilia R. Solano and JET EFDA Contributors Nucl. Fusion 43 1540 (2003)
- Overview of results and possibilities for fast particle research on JET J. Pamela , et al., Nucl. Fusion 42 1014 (2002)
- The formation and evolution of extreme shear reversal in JET and its influence on local thermal transport N C Hawkes et al., Plasma Phys. Control. Fusion 44 1105 (2002)
Named author in TJ-II publications
- Confinement transitions in TJ-II under Li-coated wall conditions, J. Sánchez et al., Nucl. Fusion 49 104018 (2009)
Named author in DIII-D publications
- Formation, sustainment and characteristics of current hole plasmas in DIII-D discharges, R.J. Jayakumar et al., Nucl. Fusion 48 015004 (2008)
CV and Bibliography
- A long version of my CV in English, following the official Spanish format, can be found here
- CV of Emilia R. Solano
Education and Appointment history
- 09/82 : Bachelor Degree in Fundamental Physics, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain.
- 05/83 : Masters Degree in Physics, for the work "Study of Acoustic Emmission from fatigue-induced crack progation"
- 10/83-12/86: PhD Scholarship Institute Nuclear Studies, Junta de Energía Nuclear, later called CIEMAT
- 03/85-03/86: NATO Scholarship for stay at Fusion Energy Division, ORNL, USA
- 12/86 : PhD Cum Laude from Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain.
- 05/87-10/90: Postdoctoral Fellow, Fusion Research Center, Univ. Texas, Austin, USA
- 11/90-06/96: Research Associate, Fusion Research Center, Univ. Texas, Austin, USA
- 05/97-11/98: Guest Researcher, Max-Planck-Institut für PlasmaPhysik, Garching, Germany
- 02/99-07/02: CIEMAT Researcher, seconded to JET as Scientific Assistant to JET Director (1999) and JET EFDA Leader (2000-03).
- 08/02-95/05: Researcher Ramón y Cajal, CIEMAT, Madrid, Spain. Part time at JET.
- 05/05-now : Research Scientist, CIEMAT, Madrid, Spain.
Complete Publication list, (refereed publications only), in chronological order
- E. R. Solano, K. C. Shaing , Calculation of Neoclassical Fluxes in the Plateau Regime for Nonaxisymmetric Toroidal Plasmas, Phys. Fluids 30 (2), 1987.
- E. R. Solano, J. A. Rome, S. P. Hirshman, Study of transport in the Flexible Heliac TJ-II, Nucl. Fusion, Vol. 28, No. 1 (1988).
- P.H. Edmonds, E.R. Solano, A.J. Wootton, D. Gao, X. Mao, G. Li, W. Zhu,, The Design of an Inner Poloidal Divertor for the TEXT Tokamak, Proc. of the 15th Symposium on Fusion Technology, Utrecht, 19-23 September 1988. Vol I, page 342, Elsevier Sc. Pub., Amsterdam, 1989. , Fusion Tech., 15, 342-346, (1988).
- P.H. Edmonds, S.J. Wang and E.R. Solano, , Simulation studies of the TEXT Upgrade plasma radial stability using an exact power supply model (EMTP). Proc. of the 16th Symposium on Fusion Technology, London, September 1990; Vol I, page 592, Elsevier Sc. Publishers B.V., 1991., Fusion Technology.
- E.R. Solano, G.H. Neilson, and L.L. Lao, , Equilibrium and Stability Studies for an Iron Core Tokamak with a Poloidal Divertor, Nuclear Fusion 30, (1990), 1107.
- E. R. Solano, R.D. Hazeltine , Effect of asymmetric sources on tokamak neoclassical transport in the plateau regime, Phys. Fluids B 2 (9), (1990) 2113.
- E.R. Solano, Effect of plasma minor radius changes on tokamak position stability, Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion, 32, No. 9 (1990), 759
- A.A. Ware, R.D. Hazeltine, M. Calvin, P.M. Valanju, E. Solano , Effect of low energy ions and neutrals on tokamak transport, , Plasma Physics and Controlled Nuclear Fusion Research, 1990, Vol. 2, 351-359, IAEA, Vienna, 1991 (Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Plasma Physics and Controlled Nuclear Fusion, Washington, October 1990).
- R.D. Hazeltine, M.D. Calvin, P.M. Valanju, E.R. Solano , Analytical Calculation of Neutral Transport and its effects on ions , Nuclear Fusion 32, (1992), 3.
- P.M. Valanju, M.D. Calvin, R.D. Hazeltine, E. R. Solano, , The effect of charge-exchange on plasma flows s , Physics of Fluids B 4 (8),(1992), 2675.
- D.P. O'Brien, L.L. Lao, E.R. Solano et. al. , Equilibrium analysis of iron core tokamaks using a full domain method. , Nuclear Fusion 32 (8), (1992), 1351.
- W. L Rowan, A.G. Meigs, E. R. Solano, P. M. Valanju , Rotation in Ohmically heated tokamaks: experiment and theory , Physics of Fluids B 5 (7), 1993, 2485.
- E. R. Solano, R. D. Hazeltine , Neoclassical Kinetic theory near an X-point: Plateau regime, Physics of Plasmas 1 (3), March 1994.
- A. J. Wootton, R. D. Bengtson, R. V. Bravenik, J. Chen, G. Cima, P. H. Edmonds, M. Freeman, H. Gasquet, K. W. Gentle, G. Hallock, Y. Karzhavin, S. McCool, D. Patterson, P. Phillips, B. Richards, d. Roberts, D. Ross, W. L. Rowan, D. Sing, E. Solano, R. F. Steimle, H. Y. W. Tsui, J. Uglum, Y. Wen, Z. Zhang , Role of Fluctuations in Determining Transport in TEXT, , IAEA, Proc. 15th Int. Conf. Plasma Phys. and Controlled Nucl. Fusion Res., Vienna, 1995 (Pres. Seville, Sept. 26-Oct. 1, 1994).
- W. L. Rowan, R. D. Bengston, X. Bonnin, P. H. Edmonds, P. D. Hurwitz, E. R. Solano, H.Y.W. Tsui, J. R. Uglum, A. J. Wootton, , Particle balance in diverted plasmas in TEXT-U, , Jour. Nucl. Mat. 220-222 (1995) 668-671.
- M. S. Foster, J. L. Craig, A. J. Wootton, P. E. Phillips, J. Uglum, E. R. Solano, D. L. Brower, Y. Jiang, S. C. McCool, J. Lierzer and G. Castle , Vaccum compatible, variable cross section magnetic coil diagnostic used in digital feedback control of plasma position in TEXT-Upgrade. , Rev. Sci. Instrum. 66 (1), Jan. 1995, p.461-463.
- S. B. Zheng, A.J. Wootton and E. R. Solano, , A tokamak equilibrium with arbitrary aspect ratio, , Physics of Plasmas 3 (3) 1176 (1996).
- E. R. Solano , Fast Ion orbits in Spherical Tokamaks , Physics of Plasmas 3 (4), 1187 (1996).
- P. H. Edmonds, E. R. Solano, R. V. Bravenec, A. J. Wootton, P. Schoch, T. Crowley, R. Hickok, W. P. West, J. Leuer, P. Anderson, A Study for the Installation of the TEXT HIBP on DIII-D, 11th Annual Topical Conference on High Temperature Diagnostics, Monterey, May, 1996. , Rev. Sci. Instrum. 68, 320 1997
- A. Loarte, D.F. Duechs, N. Asakura, G. C.Vlases, H.S. Bosch,, A. Hermann, G. Janeschitz , K. McCormick, H. Pacher, D. Post, E.R..Solano, M. Sugihara, W. Suttrop., Experimental Edge Results and Multimachine Comparisons, Contributions to Plasma Physics, Vol. 38, Nos. 1-2, International Workshop on Plasma Edge Theory in Fusion Devices, Oxford (UK) Sept. 1997
- Y. Igitkhanov, G. Janeschitz, G.W. Pacher, M. Sugihara, H.D. Pacher, D. Post, E. R. Solano, A. Loarte, W. Suttrop.et al., Edge Parameter Operational Space and Trajectories for ITER , Plasma Phys. and Controlled Fusion, Vol. 40, 837-844 (1998)
- N. C. Hawkes, B. C. Stratton, T. Tala, C. D. Challis, G. Conway, R. DeAngelis, C. Giroud, J. Hobirk, E. Joffrin, P. Lomas, P. Lotte, J. Mailloux, D. Mazon, E. Rachlew, S. Reyes-Cortes, E. Solano, and K-D. Zastrow, , Observation of Zero Current Density in the Core of JET Discharges with Lower Hybrid Heating and Current Drive, Phys. Rev. Lett. 87, 115001 (2001)
- J. Pamela, E. R. Solano, From JET to ITER: preparing the next step in fusion research, Physicalia Magazine 23, 83 (2001)
- N C Hawkes, Y Andrew, C D Challis, R DeAngelis, V Drozdov, J Hobirk, E Joffrin, P Lotte, D Mazon, E Rachlew, S Reyes-Cortes, F Sattin, E. Solano, B C Stratton, T Tala, M Valisa and contributors to the EFDA-JET workprogramme, The formation and evolution of extreme shear reversal in JET and its influence on local thermal transport , Plasma Phys. Control. Fusion 44 No 7 (July 2002) 1105-1125
- J. Pamela, D. Stork, E. R. Solano, Overview of results and possibilities for fast particle research on JET, Nucl. Fusion 42 No 8 (August 2002) 1014-1028.
- J. Pamela, E. R. Solano, Overview of JET results, Nuclear Fusion, Vol.43, No.12, December 2003, p.1540-1554
- D. Testa, A. Fasoli, E. R. Solano, Diagnosis and study of Alfvén eigenmodes stability in JET, Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol.74, No. 3, Part 11, March 2003, p.1694-1700
- P. Chappuis, …, E. Solano, …., The design of a new JET divertor for high triangularity and high current scenarios, Fusion Engineering and Design, Volumes 66-68, September 2003, 407-411
- E. R. Solano, Criticality of the Grad-Shafranov equation: transport barriers and fragile equilibria, Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion, Vol.46, No.3, March 2004, p.L7-L13
- Scientific editor: Emilia R. Solano, Juergen Meyer-ter-Vehn, Jean-Luc Dorier, Richard Dendy, Invited papers from the 31st European Physical Society Conference on Plasma Physics, London, UK, 28 june–2 july 2004, Plasma Phys. Control. Fusion, Volume 46, Number 12B, December 2004 http://epsppd.epfl.ch/London/start.htm
- E. R. Solano, Y. Corre, F. Villone, et al., ELMs and strike point jumps, Proceedings of 16th International Conference on Plasma Surface Interactions, Portland, Maine, USA, May 24-28, 2004, published in Journal of Nuclear Materials, Volumes 337-339, 1 March 2005, Pages 747-750
- Coccorese V, …, Solano E R , Design of the new magnetic sensors for Joint European Torus, Review of Scientific Instruments, Volume 75, No.10, October 2004, Part 11, p.4311-4313.
- T.C. Luce for the DIII-D Team (G. Abla, ... E.R. Solano, ...), Development of burning plasma and advanced scenarios in the DIII-D tokamak, Nucl. Fusion 45 (2005) S86–S97
- C. Hidalgo, …, E. Rodríguez-Solano, …, Overview of TJ-II experiments, Nucl. Fusion 45 (2005) S266-S275
- Pamela, J, Ongena, J and JET EFDA Collaborators ( ... E.R. Solano, ...), Overview of JET results, Nucl. Fusion 45 (2005) S63–S85
- J. Sánchez, M. Acedo, …, E. Rodríguez-Solano, …, Overview of TJ-II experiments, Nucl. Fusion 47 (2007) S677-S685
- R.J. Jayakumar, M.A. Austin, C.M. Greenfield, N.C. Hawkes, J.E. Kinsey, L.L. Lao, P.B. Parks, E.R. Solano and T.S. Taylor, Formation, sustainment and characteristics of current hole plasmas in DIII-D discharges, Nucl. Fusion 48 (2008) 015004
- M.N.A. Beurskens, …, E. Solano, … and JET-EFDA Contributors, Pedestal and ELM response to impurity seeding in JET advanced scenario plasmas, Nucl. Fusion 48 (2008) 095004
- Emilia R. Solano, S. Jachmich, F. Villone, N. Hawkes, Y. Corre, B. Alper, A. Loarte, R.A. Pitts, K. Guenther, A. Korotkov, M. Stamp, P. Andrew, J. Conboy, T. Bolzonella, M. Kempenaars, A. Cenedese, E. Rachlew and JET EFDA contributors, ELMs and strike point movements, Nucl. Fusion 48 (2008)065005
- White, R; Solano, E. R. Hazeltine, R. D., Variational coordinate transformation in plasma physics, Physics of Plasmas Volume: 16 Issue: 11 (2009)
- Pitts, RA; Arnoux, G; Beurskens, M; et al., The impact of large ELMS on JET, Jour. Nuc.Materials Volume: 390-91 Pages: 755- 759 (2009)
- F. Romanelli and R. Kamendje on behalf of JET-EFDA contributors … E. R. Solano …, Overview of JET results, Nucl. Fusion 49 No 10 (October 2009) 104006 (10pp)
- J Sánchez … E. R. Solano, Confinement transitions in TJ-II under Li-coated wall conditions. Nucl. Fusion 49 No 10 (October 2009) 104018 http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0029-5515/49/10/104018
- M N A Beurskens, T H Osborne, L D Horton, L Frassinetti, R Groebner, A Leonard, P Lomas, I Nunes, S Saarelma, P B Snyder, I Balboa, B Bray, K Crombé, J Flanagan, C Giroud, E Giovannozzi, M Kempenaars, N Kohen, A Loarte, J Lönnroth, E de la Luna, G Maddison, C Maggi, D McDonald, G McKee, R Pasqualotto, G Saibene, R Sartori, E R. Solano, W Suttrop, E Wolfrum, M Walsh, Z Yan, L Zabeo, D Zarzoso and JET-EFDA contributors, “Pedestal width and ELM size identity studies in JET and DIII-D; implications for ITER”, Plasma Phys. Control. Fusion 51 124051 (2009) http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0741-3335/51/12/124051
- Emilia R. Solano et al. , "Observation of Confined Current Ribbon in JET Plasmas", Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 185003 (2010) http://prl.aps.org/abstract/PRL/v104/i18/e185003
- S. Zoletnik, et al.,, “Summary of the Workshop on Electric Fields, Turbulence and Self-organization in Magnetized Plasmas (EFTSOMP) 2009: 6–7 July 2009, Sofia, Bulgaria” , Nucl. Fusion 50 047001 (2010) http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0029-5515/50/4/047001
- Barrera, L., E. de la Luna, et al. , "Inboard and outboard electron temperature profile measurements in JET using ECE diagnostics.", Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion 52(8) (2010) http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0741-3335/52/8/085010
- Zarzoso, D., M. N. A. Beurskens, et al., "ELM size analysis in JET hybrid plasmas." , Nuclear Fusion 51(11) 112001 (2011) http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0029-5515/51/11/112001
- Zaitsev, F. S., D. P. Kostomarov, et al., “Analyses of substantially different plasma current densities and safety factors reconstructed from magnetic diagnostics data.”, Nuclear Fusion 51(10) 103044 (2011) http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0029-5515/51/10/103044
- Sanchez, J., M. Acedo, et al., "Overview of TJ-II experiments." , Nuclear Fusion 51(9) 094022 (2011) http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0029-5515/51/9/094022
- F. Romanelli, M. Laxåback on behalf of the JET EFDA Contributors, "Overview of JET results." , Nuclear Fusion 51(9) 094008 (2011) http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0029-5515/51/9/094008
- Emilia R. Solano & R. D. Hazeltine, Magnetic Phase Transitions in plasmas and transport barriers, Nucl. Fusion 52( 114017 (2012) http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0029-5515/52/11/114017
- MP Gryaznevich, YQ Liu, TC Hender, ..., E. R. Solano, ... "Determination of plasma stability using Resonant Field Amplification in JET", Nuclear Fusion 52 (8), 083018 (2012) http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0029-5515/52/8/083018
- J Sánchez et al,"Dynamics of flows and confinement in the TJ-II stellarator", Nuclear Fusion 53 (10), 104016 (2013) http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0029-5515/53/10/104016
- CF Maggi et al, “L-H power threshold studies in JET with Be/W and C Wall”, Nucl. Fusion 54 023007 (2014) http://iopscience.iop.org/0029-5515/54/2/023007/
- MNA Beurskens et al, "Global and pedestal confinement in JET with a Be/W metallic wall", Nuclear Fusion 54 (4), 043001 (2014)
- D. Van Eester, E. Lerche, P. Jacquet, ..., E. R. Solano, ... "Effect of the minority concentration on ion cyclotron resonance heating in presence of the ITER-like wall in JET" AIP Conf. Proc. 1580, 223 (2014)
- J. Sánchez et al, "Transport, stability and plasma control studies in the TJ-II stellarator", 2015 Nucl. Fusion 55 104014
- N.Fedorczak et al, "Tungsten transport and sources control in JET ITER-like wall H-mode plasmas Journal of Nuclear Materials Vol. 463, August 2015, Pages 85-90
- M Lennholm et al, "ELM frequency feedback control on JET", Nuclear Fusion 55 (6), 063004 (2015)
- F Romanelli et al, "Overview of the JET results", Nuclear Fusion 55, 104001 (2015)
- I Nunes et al, "Plasma confinement at JET" Plasma Phys. Control. Fusion 58 014034 (2015)
- E Lerche et al, "Optimization of ICRH for core impurity control in JET-ILW", Nuclear Fusion 56 (3), 036022 (2016)
- C. Silva et al, "Experimental investigation of geodesic acoustic modes on JET using Doppler backscattering", Nuclear Fusion 56 (10), 106026 (2016)
- S Pamela et al, "Non-linear MHD simulations of ELMs in JET and quantitative comparisons to experiments", Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion 58 (1), 014026, (2016)
- Elena de la Luna; et al. Understanding the physics of ELM pacing via vertical kicks in JET in view of ITER. Nuclear Fusion. 56-2, pp. 026001 (2016)
- E. R. Solano et al, "Axisymmetric oscillations at L-H transitions in JET: M-mode" Nuclear Fusion. 57 - 2, pp. 022021 (2017)
- I Borodkina et al., “An analytical expression for ion velocities at the wall including the sheath electric field and surface biasing for erosion modeling at JET ILW” Nuclear Materials and Energy 12, 341-345, August 2017
- C.Guillemaut, et al.,“Main chamber wall plasma loads in JET-ITER-like wall at high radiated fraction” Nuclear Materials and Energy 12, 234-240, August 2017
- E Joffrin, et al.,“Impact of divertor geometry on H-mode confinement in the JET metallic wall” Nuclear Fusion 57 (8), 086025, August 2017
- F. Castejón et al, "3D effects on transport and plasma control in the TJ-II stellarator", 2017 Nucl. Fusion 57 102022
- D. Gallart et al, "Modelling of JET hybrid plasmas with emphasis on performance of combined ICRF and NBI heating", Nuclear Fusion 58 (10), 106037, 2018
- M. Maslov et al, "Observation of enhanced ion particle transport in mixed H/D isotope plasmas on JET" Nuclear Fusion 58 (7), 076022 (2018)
- C. Guillemot et al, "Plasma core power exhaust in ELMy H-Mode in JET with ITER-Like Wall"Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion 60 (7), 075004 (2018)
- C. Guillemaut, et al, "Experimental validation of an analytical kinetic model for edge-localized modes in JET-ITER-like wall" Nuclear Fusion 58 (6), 066006 (2018)
- R. Dumont et al, "Scenario development for the observation of alpha-driven instabilities in JET DT plasmas" Nucl. Fusion 58 082005 (2018)
- V. G. Kiptily et al., "Fusion product losses due to fishbone instabilities in deuterium JET plasmas", 2018 Nucl. Fusion 58 014003
- S Glöggler, M Wischmeier, E Fable, ER Solano, et al, "Characterisation of highly radiating neon seeded plasmas in JET-ILW" Nuclear Fusion 59 (12), 126031, 2019
- E Joffrin, et al, "Overview of the JET preparation for deuterium–tritium operation with the ITER like-wall" Nuclear Fusion 59 (11), 112021, 2019
- E Ascasíbar et al. "Overview of recent TJ-II stellarator results" Nuclear Fusion 59 (11), 112019, 2019
- M Kotschenreuther, X Liu, DR Hatch, et al., "Gyrokinetic analysis and simulation of pedestals to identify the culprits for energy losses using ‘fingerprints’" Nuclear Fusion 59 (9), 096001, 2019
- B Labit, T Eich, GF Harrer, et al, "Dependence on plasma shape and plasma fueling for small edge-localized mode regimes in TCV and ASDEX Upgrade" Nuclear Fusion 59 (8), 086020, 2019
- C Silva, JC Hillesheim, L Gil, et al, "Geodesic acoustic mode evolution in L-mode approaching the L–H transition on JET" Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion 61 (7), 075007,2019
- BP van Milligen, BA Carreras, E de la Luna, ER Solano, JET Contributors, "Radial variation of heat transport in L-mode JET discharges" Nuclear Fusion 59 (5), 056006, 2019
- CP von Thun, L Frassinetti, L Horvath, et al, "Long-lived coupled peeling ballooning modes preceding ELMs on JET" Nuclear Fusion 59 (5), 056004, 2019
- E de la Cal et al, "Impact of divertor configuration on recycling neutral fluxes for ITER-like wall in JET H-mode plasmas" Plasma Phys. Control. Fusion 62 035006 (2020)