Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
- Rmax is the maximum value of R along the LCFS or separatrix.
- Rmin is the minimum value of R along the LCFS or separatrix.
- Rgeo is the geometric major radius, defined as (Rmax + Rmin)/2.
- a is the minor radius of the plasma, defined as (Rmax - Rmin)/2.
- Rupper is the major radius of the highest vertical point of the LCFS or separatrix.
- Rlower is the major radius of the lowest vertical point of the LCFS or separatrix.
The upper triangularity is then defined as follows:
and similar for δlower. The overall triangularity is defined as the mean of δupper and δlower.